Gait Scan and Orthotics
At Linford Chiropractic Clinic, we use gait scan technology and carry both custom orthotics as well as a non-custom insoles.
Conditions benefited from orthotics:
- Flat feet (low arches)
- Pronation syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Low back pain / Pelvic pain
- Hip pain / Knee pain
- Patellar Femoral Syndrome
- Shin splints
Biomechanical Assessment of Gait
The human eye observes at a frequency of 7 images per second.
The Metascan™ pressure mat scans the stance phase of gait at 150 images per second.
- Assess new patients for foot function
- Captures dynamic function
- Great communication to patient
70% of patients tested showed moderate to severe abnormalities when walking.
46.8% Moderate Abnormality
23.2% Severe Abnormality
22.7% Mild Abnormality
7.3% No Abnormality
What is a foot orthotic?
Orthotics are defined as any device used to support and align a part of the body. A foot orthotic is a device that can be discretely inserted into a shoe to support, align, or accommodate foot deformities or poor foot mechanics. Custom-made foot orthotics are precision medical devices that are custom-made to correct your specific imbalance and biomechanical misalignment (e.g. high arch or flat feet).
- Orthotics can be use for treatment of a variety of lower extremity conditions such as Plantar Fasciitis. They can relieve pain, improve skeletal alignment or improve the function of your foot and lower limbs!
- Orthotics can also improve athletic and occupational performance by realigning poor alignment and reducing excess strain on the feet and lower legs. Orthotics can be premade (over-the-counter) or custom made from a three-dimensional cast.
We can create an orthotic specifically for your lifestyle, be it for an athletic or dress shoe, or to assist certain medical conditions, such as diabetes and arthritis.
Since 1977, Superfeet has helped people accomplish some pretty amazing things by changing the way their shoes fit, feel and perform. All our biomechanically correct products are based on the principles of podiatric medicine and can help a wide range of foot health related issues.
Superfeet are a great option for patients not requiring a custom orthotic, or patients looking for a more cost effective solution to an orthotic.
Superfeet insoles are available for all types of shoes, including skates, cleats, work boots, and dress shoes.